The Compensation Analyst reports to the Director, Global Revenue Operations, and has the responsibility of performing the commission cycle, including commission calculation and reporting. The ideal candidate will have prior experiences querying database systems to identity and execute methods of improving both the timeliness and accuracy of commission calculations. The candidate must be detail oriented and have good communication skills. The person should be a self-starter, with solid Excel and Access Database skills.
• Calculate worldwide commission for 400+ sales personnel based on commission plan structure and ensure accuracy of commission expense. Verify, follow through and ensure accuracy and timeliness of commission payments as outlined in the plan.
• Prepare monthly commission statements.
• Utilize database systems to automate the standard commission calculations.
• Ensure compliance with established internal processes.
• Work directly with front line Managers, Directors, and Executive level customers to resolve commission related issues for all Sales channels.
• Assist with internal process improvement initiatives.
• Maintain monthly headcount reporting for FP&A and Accounting.
• Assist with other related analyses as needed.
• Minimum 3 years professional experience with commission calculation strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
• Role requires proficient Excel skills including extensive experience with vlookups, logic formulas, pivot tables, complex nested formulas, macro experience a plus. Experience working with Microsoft Access Database or Tableau also required.
• Proven financial systems and business application skills (Netsuite, Salesforce) are preferred.
• Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
• Efficient and Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
• Communicative: Candidate will take an "open source" attitude to quality assurance. Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed.
• Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
• Attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of “the devil is in the details” and will take great pride in getting it right.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6501093-cslt-fin-ops-commission-ops