What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Prepare final financial plan, forecast, reporting and analysis for the business clients.
- Develop the Business Plan, Commitment View, Best View, including analysis, distribution and recommendations for management reviews.
- Prepare final monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Develop the final in depth analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
- Develop final capital planning models, reports and templates.
- Create cash flow statement and ad-hoc cash flow analysis/trending.
- Define the need for and the source of data requirements for the planning & forecasting and reporting processes.
- Conduct the development of strategic business analysis with overlays and commentary
- Create final performance reports, including business insights, ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to executive management.
- Proactively identify possible scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Create profitability/costing models and oversee/communicate model updates to the Center of Excellence.
- Develop and analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Model/assess performance scenarios to analyze risks and opportunities.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
This role will be the primary FP&A reporting lead for Telematics Fleet revenue analysis and the FP&A Business Partner for Sales operating expense. In addition, this role will also lead consolidated Telematics revenue reporting beyond just the Fleet Business as required. It will include non-financial KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reporting and analysis such as Sales, Gross Adds, Churn, ARPU (Average Revenue Per Unit), CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost), etc. The applicant will drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities to automate and streamline reporting.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Familiar with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience in Finance/Accounting. Preferred 5 years+.
- Ability to manage and analyze large quantities of data to find relevant information for use by multiple levels of management
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be detail oriented with respect to ensuring deadlines are met without any negative impact to operations
- Strong excel skills including extensive experience with vlookups, logic formulas, pivot tables, complex nested formula’s, macro experience a plus
- Salesforce.com, and Hyperion experience a plus
- Additional preferred experiences that will prove beneficial to candidates include: international experience; public company reporting; and experience in high growth environment
- Must possess decisive style, strong analytical skills and ability to work in dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Confidence to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible as assignments/role duties shift in the company’s dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment
- Requires exceptional organizational skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6795025-lead-financial-analyst-planning-forecasting
• Post ID: 44718203 boston