Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 10:19 AM
External Posting TitleAdministrative Assistant
Job DescriptionAdministrative support to Senior Director of Clinical Drug Supply and other senior leaders within this organization.
Responsibilities include calendar management, scheduling meetings and travel, expense reimbursement, financial and budget support, communication support and other special projects as requested.
The person in this role must be able to interact with Customer Innovation and Commercial Excellence staff and others at all levels in a fast:paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, calm, resourceful and efficient. This position requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, results:focus, and the ability to keep sensitive material and conversations strictly confidential. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Specific tasks will include:
* Calendar management: Ensures appropriate time management (schedules prep time for important meetings, time to read emails, etc.); schedule and arrange meetings. Scan incoming meeting invitations for importance.
* Provide finance and budget support to the team by understanding requirements for initiating and processing purchase orders, tracking invoices and project budget accruals through the payment process and working with the finance, purchasing and strategic sourcing department to manage practice groups' budgets and forecasts.
* Maintain working knowledge of relevant Biogen policies and procedures, including but not limited to purchasing, strategic sourcing, financial and budgetary policies and compliance protocols, and be prepared to provide information to the entire group in this regard as required.
* Manage expense reporting for supported staff by preparing and submitting expense reports, often including complex international travel related transactions.
*Logistic support, coordination and set up of meetings, events, off sites, etc. Managing the process from startup, arranging location and necessary equipment prepare agenda and relevant information, prepare minutes and other relevant tasks.
* Availability outside of office hours for support or facilitation of communication with international affiliates.
* Prepare International Business travel arrangements for department. Understands preferences of supported staff, and proactively troubleshoots and addresses travel conflicts. Additionally, generates detailed itineraries, including arranging visitor offices and coordinating office support needs in satellite locations.
* Systems knowledge : BAM / Cost center, manager changes, terminations, on: boarding Delegated OTL responsibilities. Organizes back:up coverage during absences, vacations etc. and identifies the need for additional support during periods of increased department workload.
* Trains or familiarizes team members on Biogen work processes and procedures, and acts as a resource to team members as required.
Specific competencies and capabilities required for this position will include:
* Initiative and independence : :: Identifies gaps, knows how to address issues and sees it through to completion by taking ownership and accountability. Effective acts/performs with confidence and with minimal to zero direction.
* Judgment :: Understands priorities and makes decisions with limited information. Acts with responsible decision:making
* Leadership : Spokesperson and liaison to manager, represents manager and company internally and externally.
* Problem Solving : Anticipates needs and potential obstacles; provides assistance in identifying and communicating solutions. Applies innovative problem solving methods and generates ideas; is solution oriented; communicates outcomes. Implements and communicates solutions and outcomes. Flexibility and adaptability to understanding and being able to use office software (Oracle, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 38449437 boston