Posted: Monday, April 3, 2017 12:01 PM
External Posting TitleAssociate Director, Medical Affairs
Job DescriptionAs a key member of the Global Medical Multiple Sclerosis product team within the Global Medical Neurology function, the Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of global medical strategy for the product. A summary of specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Serve as the lead Global Medical contact for one or more of the key functions (e.g. Clinical Development, Commercial, or Market Access).
* Lead specific data generation projects to address identified medical data gaps.
* Serve as the Study Director and a core member of the study team for 1:2 Global Medical studies.
Facilitate communications between Biogen and Study Investigators, and oversee the publication of the clinical trial results both at scientific meetings and in peer reviewed journals
* Provide medical expertise to cross:functional teams. As a content expert, review abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical documents as needed.
* Support Global Medical advisory boards and trainings including development of content and presentation of data
* Represent Global Medical at other cross:functional meetings as needed.
* Collaborate with regional and/or affiliate medical to ensure regional activities are aligned with global medical strategy and that Global Medical is sufficiently aware of affiliate and regional insights and needs.
* Effectively interacts and collaborates at multiple levels in the organization, including effective cross:functional interface with Regional and Affiliate Medical, R and D, Commercial, and Program Leadership.
LocationCambridge, MA, US
Job CategoryGlobal Medical/Medical Affairs
* Pharmaceutical industry experience required (5 years minimum). Relevant experience in Medical Affairs and clinical trial execution strongly desired.
* Experience with neurology is a plus.
* Ability to effectively operate in a highly matrixed organization.
*Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills.
* Ability to take initiative and solve complex and challenging problems.
* Excellent communication (particularly both written and oral), leadership, and presentation skills.
* MD, PhD, or other advanced degree in the life sciences.
About BiogenThrough cutting:edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world:class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E:Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all l
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 38707212 boston