Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:38 PM
Work Area: Software:Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 : 10
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device : SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
ABOUT SAP CONNECTED HEALTH
SAP Connected Health is a fast:growth end:to:end business unit within SAPs business, networks and applications group. It is SAPs vision to help the world run better and improve peoples lives. This is our enduring cause. The Connected Health vision is to help improve patient outcomes while reducing costs by connecting stakeholders and data silos in healthcare.
Healthcare IT is a 40B market in the US alone. We are helping our customers (pharma, medical research, healthcare providers, health insurance) and patients by integrating clinical, genomic, research, payer and medical device data and by providing applications and services. Our cloud:based SAP Connected Health platform will enable participants in the network to share and consume anonymized data and build significantly enhanced applications and value:add services on top of integrated data sets.
The core principle of the Connected Health culture is OPEN:
We are driven by our passion to fundamentally change healthcare through technology. Our people are bold risk takers who thrive and innovate in a fast:paced environment. Our leadership team is transparent and focused on the vision. They build trust by being authentic and delivering on their commitments.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Our text analysis team combines the talents of computational linguists and skilled software engineers to deliver best:of:breed natural:language processing (NLP) capabilities in all major languages, with strategic focus on the development of extraction functionality for the SAP Connected Health platform.
We are looking for computational linguists at our location in Boston, MA to develop NLP components focused on healthcare and pharma in multiple languages, with initial focus on English, French and German.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Researches and implements new functionality in the healthcare or pharma space
* Assumes ownership of one or more functionality areas
* Creates, maintains and augments machine:readable dictionaries, grammar rules and parsing algorithms
* Develops and maintains tools for the automation and support of linguistic tasks
* Enhances the accuracy of our technologies in line with established quality metrics
* Optimizes the performance of core engines to achieve breakthrough results
* Experience with healthcare or pharma NLP functionality strongly preferred
* Experience with regex languages and finite state automata for NLP applications
* Experience developing named entity recognition functionality or in:depth knowledge of other text:based linguistic applications
* Experience working in a production:oriented development environment
* Agile/SCRUM development processes
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Minimum of B.A. in Computational Linguistics or equivalent and 2+ years of experience in the NLP industry, or M.A. in Computational Linguistics or equivalent
* Native or near:native knowledge of French or German, in addition to English
* Strong background in syntax and morphology
* Proficiency in at least one data manipulation language (Perl or Python preferred)
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 38702197 boston