Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:26 AM
Reporting to the Area/Regional Sales Manager, the James Hardie Metro Sales Representative as a Repair and Remodel Specialist works to strategically target potential customers, (Residing Contractors, Remodelers, and Installers) to generate and grow new business and to successfully maintain the current market share among distributors, dealers, installers and contractors. The incumbent also positions the Company's value proposition and whole:product solution to the customer to build and enhance strong customer relationships and to become a strong business partner. With a strong knowledge of business and market sense, the incumbent successfully manages an assigned sales territory and reports on related marketing activities by conducting competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales:related research.
Works collaboratively with the appropriate Area/Regional Sales Manager (ASM/RSM) to target and successfully sell to contractors within the key target profile and geographies, leveraging key channel partners and preferred wholesalers, dealers, and installers, by: (100)
- Generating and growing new business within the assigned territory relative to the existing market by:
- Developing a territory:specific sales strategy centered on the definition of the key profile customer and a related sales approach for successful selling techniques to this target audience;
- Proactively initiating action with target contractors by finding creative methods to establish and maintain customer engagement;
- Securing a high number of first appointments with target contractor's decision makers;
- Minimizing the number of opportunities that move to fallback status and ensuring that the proper prospect funnel ratio is in place at all time, including new prospect list opportunities, calendar of first appointments, accounts in development and percents of closed business;
- Following:through with all selling activities to maximize close ratio;
- Establishing effective segment targeting positioning models;
- Leveraging the Company brand and reputation, and specific sales tools and reporting activities and results, including photographs, customer testimonials, conversion templates, account data worksheets;
- Lowering the contractors' "on the wall cost" (OTWC)
- Increasing the Company's product sales of "ColorPlus" from current siding sales volume.
The James Hardie Metro Sales Rep I : R and R Specialist focuses sales efforts in his/her geographical territory in coordination with and leadership from his/his appropriate ASM/RSM. It is his/her responsibility to individualize a plan for each territory and to decide on the proper focus areas for how best to attain sales goals. The impact to the organization is significant as it will increase primary demand business relative to the remodeling market (R and R starts) within a market development effort in his/her defined geographic territory focusing on all aspects in the territory. The incumbent will need to develop a target list of current and potential contractors as well as to develop a supply chain and installer base that supports the success of new contractor conversions to the Company.
Scope of Position:
The James Hardie Metro Sales Rep I : R and R Specialist is expected to make a set number of quality contractor conversion and/or account development calls per week. The incumbent will be calling on contractors, installers, and dealers.
The impact of this role to the organization can be measured by the increase in the numbers of contractors participating in the JH CAP, in the number of JH jobs current CAP members perform, in sales of ColorPlus and trim and an overall increase in total conversions and account development as determined by the ASM/RSM.
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 40367758 boston