Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 4:09 AM
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well:being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Director, Alliance Management located in global territories
- Focal point for resource selection and allocation to projects and initiatives.
- Manage and resolve issues both internally and externally, identify root cause(s) of significant or re:occurring concerns and take corrective steps to prevent future occurrences
- Serve as a change agent, build and motivate teams and foster positive relationships with and among team members
- Responsible for direct reports
- Take part or lead in special projects to support continuous improvement in Alliance Management or in support of other functional areas.
- Prepare materials and analysis as necessary for presentation to senior management.
- Direct activities of assigned group to ensure optimum performance of the group/function.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Develop short: and long:range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Integrate activities with those of other major organizational units (e.g. segments, departments, functions).
- Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs, including orientation.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures (SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Director, Alliance Management position.
:Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a related discipline. MBA is beneficial.
:Ten (10) years related experience, preferably in a life sciences company and/or multinational corporation.
:An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early:stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non:GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities.
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 54554382 boston