Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:12 AM
- Offering professionally informed direction, solutions, support and understanding to families engaged in OPG services
- Support families in identifying and setting healthy boundaries.
- Preparing families to help them to know what to expect or anticipate at different points the pre-treatment, treatment and recovery process.
- Assisting families with problem solving when approaching high-risk situations (e.g., family/social events, holidays, returning to work/school)
- Pointing out healthy family dynamics and unhealthy ones or to illuminate patterns that are productive or counterproductive to recovery.
- Educating families on healthy self-care practices that bolster peace and resiliency.
- Supporting healthy family communication and provide opportunities to practice or to role-play difficult conversations.
- Assisting families in managing crisis situations (e.g. relapse, threats of harm, disappearance), with after hours support team.
- Participating and/or leading conference calls or facilitated family meetings. These may include any combination of family members, the IP, involved OPG staff, business or advisor systems, or outside treatment professionals.
- Helping family members determine how to respond to a setback, destabilization or relapse.
- Developing family, employer or advisor contracts with clear expectations for all parties.
- Collaborating/supervising the Case Manager or Recovery Coach of the IP to track progress, assure that the individual and family goals are in alignment, and provide informed care that takes into account the whole family systems
- Recruiting additional family coaches as deemed appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with family systems
- Master’s degree required in social work or related field
- Familiarity with substance abuse, mental health, autism and/or eating disorders preferred
- Preference for individuals with a reliable vehicle and who are be comfortable transporting clients
- Valid US driver’s license and able to satisfactorily pass a driving check, background check and ongoing random drug testing.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
- Knowledge of personal care and hygiene necessary for quality of life, and ability to apply this knowledge to patients in need
- Attendance case reviews, group and weekly supervisions, trainings as assigned, and participating in status calls
- Flexibility with after hours, holiday and weekend work
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 54293362 boston