Experienced Program Manager - Image Metrology Group - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Cambridge,
Adaptive Optics Associates, Inc., (AOA-Xinetics) a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) subsidary, is currently seeking a Program Manager in support of its Image Metrology Business Area. AOA-Xinetics Image Metrology designs, develops, and produces precision measurement products for commercial industrial customers, U.S. Government, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these products include transportation logistics, package handling, and semiconductor tools. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the program execution with regards to cost, schedule and technical issues. He / she will work with a team scientists, engineers, and technicians to continue a longstanding base of programs in our Image Metrology business area.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Image Metrology Business Area Manager. This position provides a broad, exciting leadership opportunity in a high-growth, strategically important businesses for NGAS. We are looking for a successful thought leader with exceptional people skills, one who is valued by customers and employees alike. Our ideal candidate has developed teams, can influence and motivate them to perform at higher levels, has excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. He / shemust be highly influential in conversation and have a record of collaborative approach with peers/peer organizations. Specifically, the details of the position are the following:
• Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs.
• Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
• Effectively communicate progress to customers, senior leadership and companywide audiences.
• Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules
• Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Establishes and manages program risks and opportunities.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
• Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Will be required to write technical and cost proposals, estimate and track project costs, create project schedules, order and track project materials, and make presentations to customers and company management.
• Will help develop new products and work with project engineers, Purchasing, Contracts, and Cost Estimating personnel in project execution.
• Assist in developing strategic plans and roadmaps, identifying required new capabilities, providing feedback on products, industry trends and customer needs, and fostering partnerships and teaming with key players to support successful proposal bids. Support Business Areas in the development of capture plans; win strategies and Price-to-Win approaches.
• Works closely with AOA Xinetics leadership and compliance functions to ensure full compliance with Division, Corporate, and Government policies.
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
• Position is located in the AOA Cambridge, MA facility
• Travel to customer facilities and offices with limited international travel
• Travel multiple times per year
• Ability to sit for extended periods of times and light physical effort required.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17009559&lang=en
• Post ID: 40203423 boston