The Team Collaboration Systems Lead Evangelist will work with business unit leaders and functional leaders at the highest levels within the organization to execute on a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business and preparing the business for future. The Team Collaboration Systems Lead Evangelist will lead a team of technologists and engineers responsible for creating an enterprise culture that uses global scale real-time team collaboration systems to enhance product development time to delivery. The TCSLE will drive business transformation efforts across Verizon Telematics. The TCSLE will frame the initiative scope and strategy and lead the execution of the transformation.
- Shift the culture to using team collaboration systems for all teams globally to enhance efficiency and create global real-time automated reporting for managers and executives across business units.
- Lead conception, scope definition, and execution of various types of strategic and operational business transformation initiatives.
- Working with executive leadership, provide effective leadership for the initiatives from analysis through execution.
- Hire and lead a team of technologist and engineers to support the team collaboration transformation initiative.
- Work with business unit leaders and stakeholders from multiple teams to develop methods and procedures for effective team collaboration system transformation.
- Act as an effective change agent utilizing proper stakeholder analysis and change management techniques.
- Provide senior leadership and functional unit managers with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices.
- Build and deploy processes and architectures to provide real-time automated reporting to managers and executive managers identifying key metrics and development roadblocks.
- Seek efficiency through the design and deployment of process automation.
- Research and deploy global scale enterprise DevOps & Agile architectures and methodologies.
- Design and deploy appropriate IT systems as required to support the team collaboration initiative.
- Develop custom solutions and automation as needed to augment existing or new software collaboration systems.
- Design and develop custom workflows and processes suitable for use by a variety of team roles including business roles, product development, senior management, developers, technical support, DevOps, etc.
- Create detailed documentation for technical systems, administrators, and end users.
- Evaluate new software and hardware as needed.
- Build and deploy software and hardware systems as needed.
- Manage work priorities
- Manage system governance.
- Manage system disaster recovery and backup.
- Travel as needed to team sites to meet with stakeholders and leaders.
- BS/BA in engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years in process engineering.
- 3+ years in a team leadership role.
- Extensive experience with customizing, administration, and management of team collaboration systems including: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and Stash, HipChat, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Extensive experience with Agile, Kanban, and other team collaboration development methodologies in an enterprise setting.
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and scalable multi-site implementations of collaboration technologies and systems.
- Extensive experience working in an engineering consulting capacity to design, build, and enhance the product development process including hardware and software development.
- Experience building a team of engineers and managing global 24x7 operations in a highly available setting.
- Experience in administering, provisioning, configuring, and monitoring web-servers, application servers, and load-balancing systems: TomCat, Apache/Nginx, PostgreSQL.
- Relevant experience in Linux / Unix systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring (Nagios, Zenoss, SNMP, Splunk, etc) and troubleshooting.
- Experience with server hardening and other security best practices (SSL, SSH, HTTPS, IPTables).
- Experience with virtualization network protocols (NAT, Bridging) and virtual networking.
- Experience with server hardware deployment and management for use in server virtualization systems.
- Experience with server virtualization systems such as KVM and Linux containers in a high uptime environments.
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Experience with systems automation – configuration management tools (SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible) and GIT source control.
- Experience with enterprise class storage systems such as NetApp is desired; configuring and managing multi-tenant storage systems.
- Must possess strong documentation skills and be able to work with rapid change.
- Proven record for managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Excellent presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS Power Point and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A focus on strategy, operational processes, and user experience.
- Proven record of performance and trusted professional credibility.
- Experienced team leader with proven facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
- Comfort in working up and across the organization – working with senior staff members and front line employees.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward.
- Track record of handling extremely confidential information appropriately.
- Self-starter able to work independently and with executive leadership.
Ideal candidate for this position
- Will be determined and committed to perform at highest quality and excellence. Will have a laser-sharp focus on goal of on-time and zero-defect delivery.
- Will be highly energetic and will strongly believe in on-going learning in order to optimally exploit his/her potential at workplace. Will constantly work towards being the best and to succeed at current assignment/project.
- Will be entrepreneurial and will successfully challenge existing paradigms. Will have a vision and will think expansively and outside the box to consistently generate and evaluate highly innovative ideas and solutions.
- Will be willing to take risks, will anticipate the consequences of decisions and will generate plans to address them. Will be willing to go against the grain, will have courage to take calculated risks and will have the ability to present his/her point of view in a positive and effective manner.
- Will take personal responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction. Will take customer perspective and will proactively work to address the customer’s current problem and future requirements. Will anticipate and successfully fulfill customer expectations.
- Will have the ability to effectively leverage diverse resources. Will work hard to foster positive relationships and will develop win-win solutions when conflicts arise. Will build relationship by making self highly approachable, will seek input from others and will actively listen to concerns and alternate points of view, will make others feel valued and supported.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6620011-technical-manager-of-architecture-and-infrastructure