- Hands-on embedded design and architecture of Verizon’s state-of-the-art, next-generation IoT Home Gateway, networking & CPE systems software platforms & solutions.
- Lead the end-to-end strategic definition and evolution of Verizon’s systems software roadmap to ensure industry and competitive leadership.
- Stay keenly abreast of current and emerging technologies. Translate business requirements into practical, efficient, cutting-edge end-to-end systems software designs.
- Lead the evaluation and selection process for multiple system-level software modules and components for the Verizon CPE platforms / gateway / networking product family.
- Work closely with several cross-functional teams in Verizon to ensure that the business needs of key stakeholder teams are met in a timely manner.
- Lead multiple external software vendors on a regular basis through the end-to-end systems software platform design process and execution.
- Adapt quickly to changes in business and/or strategic direction. Manage multiple priorities effectively and regularly to meet project timelines.
- Clearly document and communicate design decisions, roadmaps and software platform recommendations to executive management within Verizon.
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Ph.D or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Deep, hands-on expertise and clearly demonstrable experience in end-to-end system software platform architecture / IoT / networking systems design. Networking platforms / CPEs / routers / gateway systems design experience is preferred.
- Expertise in networking protocols and stacks, including LAN / WAN interfaces, 802.11x, Gigabit Ethernet and related technologies.
- Expertise in ARM SoC-based architecture platforms and systems. ARM v8 experience is preferred.
- Expertise in low-level, OS kernel, middleware and application layer architectures.
- Strong knowledge of board bring-up, verification and characterization techniques.
- Expertise in system-level I/O protocols (USB 3.0, eSATA, serial) and memory interfaces (DDR / LPDDR) is preferred.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6508086-principal-systems-engineer-iot