Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
As a Sr. Field Underwriter you will be focused on developing a profitable book of Environmental Casualty business by building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to source high quality submissions, determining/prioritizing submissions to be underwritten, quoting and negotiating accounts with broker. You’ll work closely with a dedicated group of Technical Underwriters who are responsible for the bulk of the risk evaluation, pricing range determination, and terms and condition recommendation, leaving you to focus on the external selling and negotiating, problem solving, and the relationship dimension of the underwriter role.
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Scope:
We are seeking a Market Facing Underwriter,Environmental CasualtyUnderwriting, who will report directly to Regional Casualty Manager as part of the team.
Sourcing quality business
• Communicate risk appetite and AIG Value Proposition to brokers
• Collaborate with Business Development Managers (BDMs), Territory Managers, and other line of business underwriters to target desirable accounts from brokers
• Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be underwritten by Technical Underwriter
• Recognize and create cross sell opportunities for other Commercial products
• Work with broker to understand the deal structure, terms, and AIG Services that best meets clients’ needs
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, & deal structure with brokers
• Participate in special underwriting projects as needed
• Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business
• Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients
• Interface with a technical underwriting team to transmit risk relevant submission information
Position Requirements: The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships; familiarity with the downtown NY brokerage community preferred
• Working knowledge of US Environmental Casualty lines of business (Pollution Liability, Auto Liability, Construction, and General Liability) including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience
• High “EQ”
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
• Comfort with analytical tools and technology
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Post ID: 38671250 boston