Engineer I/II, Cell Culture Development, Gene Therapy Pilot Facility - (cambridge, massachusetts)
Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:43 AM
External Posting TitleEngineer I/II, Cell Culture Development, Gene Therapy Pilot Facility
Job DescriptionBiogen is presently looking to fill an Engineer I or Engineer II position within its Gene Therapy BioProcess Development Pilot Facility. Candidate must be motivated and innovative with exceptional analytical and communication skills.
1) Assist with scale up design and execute laboratory experiments with minimal guidance
2) Perform independent data recording and analysis
3) Troubleshoot in:lab activities
4) Work with large scale cell culture operations
5) Document development work in concise reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations
6) Support maintenance tasks and new technology evaluations for laboratory instrumentation; interact with outside vendors / suppliers and contract manufacturing organizations
LocationCambridge, MA, US
Job CategoryTechnical Development
Qualifications1) Proven record of successfully planning and executing projects and experiments
2) Strong analytical skills
3) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4) Knowledge and experience in mammalian cell culture / viral vector production operations (aseptic operations, cell biology, biochemistry, analytical techniques, bioreactor operations)
5) Knowledge and experience in large scale bioreactor operations
7) Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and execute in:lab tasks
8) Skilled in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other tools. Knowledge of statistical software applications, including DoE, is a plus
9) Knowledge and experience with viral vector related biology a plus
EducationBioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline:
* Engineer I : B.S. with 3+ years' experience, or
* Engineer I : B.S. with 5+ years' experience in the Biotech / Biopharm industry
* Other relevant expertise in Science or Engineering will be considered.
About BiogenCorporate Overview
Through cutting:edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
:Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
:A Fortune 500 company, Biogen in 2016 had revenues of 11.4 billion
:Global headquarters in Cambridge, MA, and international headquarters in Zug, SwitzerlandOur Science
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
:For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
:We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and ALS.
:As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cu
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 39511913 boston