Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 5:00 PM
External Posting TitleInventory Control Analyst
Job DescriptionThe Inventory Control Analyst provides planning and parts support to the Cambridge Site by procuring, receiving, stocking, issuing, kitting, and delivering parts, tools, and equipment to support world class maintenance performance. The incumbent performs physical activities typical with material handling in addition to, operating trucks, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
* Receive incoming shipments from suppliers, verify purchase orders to invoices and required conformance documentation.
* Restock incoming parts, update inventory stock level data in the CMMS, and maintain inventory levels to prevent stock:outs.
* Verify inventory reports by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies and adjust errors.
* Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, and other labelling equipment.
* Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas.
* Examine and inspect stock for wear or defects and report damage to supervisor.
* Perform inventory management preventive maintenance activities to preserve the functional state of critical spares.
* Assemble and issue required spare part kits for preventive and corrective maintenance work.
* Delivers all required/requested spare parts, equipment, and tools to required locations from the MRO Stockrooms.
* Restock satellite spare part store locations and KanBan levels as needed.
* Identify opportunities for cost reductions associated with vendor procurement, like parts, and inventory management
* Instrumentation and Controls
* Plant Engineering
* Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
* Environmental Health and Safety
* Shipping and Receiving
* Lab Services
* External Suppliers
LocationCambridge, MA, US
Job CategoryFacilities and Infrastructure Services
QualificationsMinimum experience required for this position:
* 3 to 5 years of prior or equivalent industry experience
Other requirements for this position:
* Basic knowledge of parts and equipment used in facility and utility maintenance
* Experience in maintaining an automated inventory management system in a mutli:tasking maintenance storeroom
* Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work assignments
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal form
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other personnel including technicians, vendors, contractors, peers, and superiors
* Ability to walk, sit, squat, climb ladders and stairs, and lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds in weight.
* Must possess a valid state driver's license
* Licensed truck driver
* Certified operator of material handling equipment
: Hand Trucks
: Pallet Jacks
* Certified in operation of personnel lifts
* Additional training required for this position (when on board) will be provided as required.
* High School Diploma
About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world's oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer's Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 39110275 boston