- We have an opening for 2full-timeBakerpositions.
- Location: Museum of Science - One Science Park, Boston, MA 02141.Note: online applications acceptedonly.
- Schedule: Monday through Sunday, flexible schedule.
- Requirement: Previous experience is preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nations premier hospitality company, operating over 100 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Toronto. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the worlds leading foodservice organization.
Full time associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares baked goods according to recipes and production specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bake breads, pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets; assists in production planning to meet daily requirements.
- Ensures proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment.
- Assists with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages; informs supervisor when supplies are low.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Handles foods items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and customer-service oriented manner. Relays relevant concerns from customers directly to supervisors.
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately and efficiently.
- Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed.
- Completes shift work, as assigned, in a timely and thorough manner in accordance with department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 119240
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 44767003 boston