What you’ll be doing...
This role supports Verizon Partner Solutions (VPS).
- Completes account planning for assigned customers, including development of account profiles and account positioning strategy; customer needs analysis; sales opportunity developments; preparation of service improvement plans; and creation of long-range account management strategies.
- Conducts proactive sales activities, including proactive needs assessment, applications development, proposal presentation, order negotiation and post-sales service requirements.
- Prospecting, defining customer needs, proposal preparation and presentation and closing the sale.
- Experience building a base of business. Positive attitude, sense of urgency, strong work ethic and the desire to be the best.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong negotiation and executive selling skills.
- Manages accounts on an ongoing basis. This includes frequent service follow-ups, problem solving, and emerging needs identification.
- Negotiates customer contracts collaborating with internal cross functional partners from Product Line Management, Offer Management and Financial Management teams in order to achieve revenue growth and retention.
- Expand the market awareness of our client through involvement in trade and commercial organizations.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes in the telecommunications industry through attendance of training, seminars and trade journals.
- Responds to requests from customers for information, support, assistance, joint proposals, pricing, etc. Responds to demand sales requests.
- Supports others within the sales/service team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure attainment of sales and service objectives and other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technology business to business sales experience.
- Willingness to travel at least once a month (overnight).
Even better if you have:
- Experience as a telecom/technology sales professional with a track record of success in selling to highly competitive carrier customers.
- Knowledge of telecom products and services, and associated end-user and carrier applications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.