Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 11:25 AM
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e:journals, e:books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end:users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting:edge technology, forward:thinking philosophy, and top:notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation's largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Security Services Platform Analyst plays a pivotal support role in the creation, implementation and continuous development of a Security/Policy/Compliance platform strategy that involves the transition from a proprietary, legacy content driven 3:Tier application to a cloud based platform, using AWS standards and Netflix OSS reference. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast:paced, agile team environment, likes to be challenged and values the opportunity to make a difference. A key member of the newly created Platform Leadership team, the Security Services Platform analyst will collaborate with the Security Services Platform Leader and key stakeholders in Technology, Product and Content Management, Customer Support and Sales to develop best practices in the development of Security products and Security related features, Policy and Compliance across products and platforms.
As it becomes increasingly difficult to prevent infiltrations and unauthorized activity, EIS needs threat awareness, advanced detection and intelligence solutions to rapidly identify and report on unauthorized or anomalous activity in our environments. The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a subject matter expert in security products or security:related features, and has performed well in a large and quickly expanding organizations. The Security Services Platform Analyst possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big picture vision, based on new systems and software offerings to bolsters EBSCO internal capabilities and the drive to make vision a reality.
- Serves as the company's capabilities and solution subject matter expert in Security, Policy and Compliance strategy
- Collaborates with customers, key stakeholders, and Product partners to conduct customer and stakeholder discovery to define the Security Platform vision, strategy and the creation of a Securities roadmap, identifying key milestones and transition plan over the course of 36 months
- Provides detailed risk analysis and reporting that provides business case justifications for technology and security spending initiatives
- Analyze and improve upon existing security standards across the organization to maintain a competitive edge within the market and remain current to the changing threat landscape
- Assist the Security Platform leader to develop, implement and maintain department policies and standards designed to maximize effectiveness and minimize costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of enterprise applications and infrastructure systems in a secure manner.
- Establish metrics, reporting mechanisms for continual program improvements
- Partner with internal/external clients to ensure a high degree of system security
- Develops hands:on, in:depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrates knowledge of the technology stack to create new solutions and capabilities
- Works with key stakeholders in the creation of Epics that reflect technical
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 56233942 boston