Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 2:11 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position will assist the System Safety Department in the division:wide field implementation of Amtrak behavior based safety programs, safety rules, policies, and procedures in conjunction with Amtrak's System Safety Program and applicable regulatory requirements. Provides technical safety: related oversight, guidance and support to division(s), departments, and contractor stakeholders to eliminate injuries, accidents and reduce workplace risk.
- Conduct assessments on equipment maintenance procedures and evaluate potential needs for JSA documentation in accordance with JSA instruction (i.e. evaluate previously existing documentation, review new process, change, etc.)
- Work with craft employees/supervisors to assess potential existing process hazards and assist with training and development of JSA (i.e. authoring, etc.)
- Integrate with stakeholders and coordinate schedules for JSA process observations (i.e. maintenance, repair tasks, etc.)
- Performs process reviews of Job Safety Analysis (observations, annual/change reviews, revisions, evaluates compliance with, etc.)
- Support the development of leading indicators related to JSA adherence in furtherance of proactive risk management (i.e.
- Supports the retention and maintenance of documentation related to JSAs (i.e. sharepoint index, etc.)
- Assist in developing reportable metrics/forms related to JSA observations in order to share with departments for the purposes of performance improvement ( adherence, of process improvements, frequency of JSA re:training, etc.)
Behavior Based Safety Process:
- Lead and coordinates activities related to Behavior Based Safety Process including monitoring the obervation process.
- Support data:driven safety initiaves to reduce injuries and eliminate workplace hazards
- Lead and coordinates activities related to site safety committees (could be site or regionally based committees) (i.e. scheduling meetings, driving membership, communication to stakeholders, tracking of action items to closure, etc.)
- Guide adherence to site safety committee standards issued by System Safety
Lead Safety Specialist Support:
- Document and report conditions that require corrective action and follow:up (photographs, risk management process, coordination with LSS, etc.)
- Assist in workplace evaluations and inspections (i.e. RCA, process surveillance, JSA, etc.). Assists in the review of site specific plans, policies, programs, assessments, etc
- Risk management action item entry, utilizing computerized system
- Monitors field utilization of safety, health, injury and incident/injury prevention programs, initiatives and activities.
- Assists in the development and execution of local and site:specific safety activities/initiatives and the implementation of corporate safety practices, policies and programs
- Assists in the review of site specific plans, policies, programs, assessments, etc.
- Supports System Safety, Deputy General Managers, Assitant Superintendents, Mechanical Superintendents, Master Mechanics, Facility/Back Shop Managers, Facility Managers, and field safety personnel with applicable OSHA and FRA safety regulations, and Amtrak rules, safety policies, programs, procedures and initiatives
- Working knowledge of OSHA and FRA safety regulations, policies, programs, as well as personal protective equipment, safety engineering, accident/injury inve
• Location: Boston
• Post ID: 56104722 boston