Senior User Experience Researcher
Verizon is looking for an experienced Senior User Experience Researcher to join the Cx Innovation team in Waltham, MA.
The ideal candidate will have the background and skill set needed to help shape our current and next generation of product and service offerings. The successful candidate will be involved in organizing and managing multiple user research projects, communicating closely with interdisciplinary product teams, and working with other researchers to design, conduct, and analyze studies.
- Plan, conduct, analyze and report out on a broad range of user research studies, including usability testing (moderated and unmoderated), field studies, expert and heuristic evaluations, and competitive assessments.
- Manage projects end to end: develop screeners and discussion guides, moderate, analyze, synthesize and deliver results
- Translate user needs, behaviors, attitudes, and motivations into clear insights, actionable recommendations, strategic opportunities, and guiding principles
- Build collaborative partnerships and be a trusted advisor to the Product and Development teams; identify research topics and plan usability testing across multiple devices and platforms, finding opportunities to further improve the user experience
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Manage the Cx Lab and all equipment and vendors related to the lab
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in user research, user interface design, usability testing, human factors, or other related disciplines within a consultative or corporate environment.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or related field.
- Eight or more years of experience in user research, user interface design, usability testing, human factors, or other related disciplines within a consultative or corporate environment.
- Portfolio of research artifacts that reflect your experience and skill in UX/UI research planning, execution, and analysis. Mix of web and mobile experience preferred.
- Experience with numerous user research methods, including in-person and remote moderated one-on-one sessions, concept testing, card sorting, iterative prototype testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, A/B tests, and expert reviews.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and data analysis skills
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick turnaround environment with or without direction
- Exemplary analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-driven, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to ramp up quickly on products and new technologies
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for research and representing the voice of the end-user and customer
- Knowledge of Morae, Adobe Creative Suite, Prototyping, and Screen Sharing software is advantageous.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6686487-senior-user-experience-researcher
• Post ID: 39084307 boston