The Information Security Analyst will participate in the identification of data sources, analytic capabilities and reporting tools. This individual will investigate and quantify long running trends in the enterprise environment; implement and maintain analytic methods and techniques; develop and maintain consistent repeatable methodologies for detecting complex phenomenon; and assist in all development, data gathering and data analysis tasks.
Primary functions include, but not limited to:
- Perform hunting in available data sources to identify patterns of misuse, and recommend areas for coverage and data feed improvements.
- Analyze sensitive authentication activities and privilege combinations that could lead to abuse; monitor privileged access activity for possible abuse; monitor suspicious and/or inappropriate web activity; assess data leakage vulnerabilities; and establish baseline usage information and trends.
- Create and review reports on event anomalies.
- Investigate and respond to security events.
- Perform historical analysis of defined security devices and logs to look for threat trends (past 7 days, past 30 days, past 90 days).
- Evaluate the quality of provided data sources and recommending improvements to the sensing capabilities and coverage.
- Perform triage activities on potential threats discovered during historical analysis.
- Appropriately apply proprietary and public threat intelligence to enhance the analytic model(s) and security of the enterprise.
- Perform root cause analysis on security incidents and provide recommendations for containment and remediation.
- Execute on the strategy of the data security analytics program.
- Assist in delivering timely and accurate reporting to executives.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
2+ years working within the information security field with emphasis on security event analysis and cyber forensic investigations
Experience with scripting/programming language development and best practices
Knowledge of Incident Management processes
Experience with SIEM technologies such as HP ArcSight, RSA NetWitness/Security Analytics, and/or Splunk
Understanding of cyber-attack patterns and vectors, as well as compensating controls and mechanisms.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6411124-information-security-analyst
• Post ID: 39211468 boston