POSITION PURPOSE -
The Inventory Supervisor oversees the execution and quality of the physical inventory process for the company, including responsibility for ensuring proper cutoffs and quality of inventory counts to obtain an accurate inventory. He/she also trains store/district associates on store operations, inventory prep and count procedures. In addition, the Inventory Supervisor conducts store audits and compliance reviews as needed or requested.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- 65% Lead the inventory day process, perform key cutoff procedures, certify the accuracy and integrity of the physical inventory and communicate inventory results to all levels of management
- 15% Test and execute store audits and compliance reviews
- 10% Provide training to store and district associates and management on store operations and all inventory-related procedures
- 10% Assist with developing, testing and implementation of store inventory preparation and physical count processes and procedures
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Position reports to Inventory Manager
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 02
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 years retail and/or inventory experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Ability to create a sense of urgency in work, reacting quickly and appropriately to developing problems in the store
- Ability to independently make sound business decisions
- Strong verbal communication skills, able to motivate and direct store management and associates to task completion
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritize work
- Ability to develop one's skill set
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Post ID: 40482408 boston