- Lead the Design & Implementation of the Bluecoat & Cisco Security products for a major enterprise customer and to act as a subject matter expert for the technologies moving forward.
- Delivery of smaller stand-alone projects as required;
- Provide support and guidance to consultants working on other PSS projects.
- Provide peer reviews of HLD, LLD and other project documentation as required;
- Work with internal and external stake holders to understand business requirements and prepare appropriate technical solution designs at both high and low levels.
- Work with the wider service organisation in producing availability reporting the security services.
- Make a contribution to the on-going development of PSS security services to ensure that they reflect current industry best practice and trends and remain aligned to customer requirements and expectations;
- Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the PSS team;
- Support the practice lead in local management activities;
- Maintain day to day records of project work to allow accurate billing and reporting of consultancy time;
- Maintain effective network of business contacts within Verizon and their partner community;
- Maintain and grow their own knowledge to ensure this maintains fully relevant to the security services practice and its clients;
- Have strong presentation and written/verbal communications skills at multiple levels of an organization;
Have a minimum of 3-6 years of security design, delivery & operational experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Technical expertise with very strong skills in three or more of the technologies below (please note preferred technologies):
- Network FWs: Cisco ASA & NAC & ISE (preferred), Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet;
- Security Devices: Bluecoat Proxy (preferred), F5 ASM, Zscaler, Cisco IronPort;
- IDP/IPS: FirePower/Sourcefire IPS/IDS (preferred), McAfee;
- APT: FireEye, Palo Alto WildFire;
- SIEM: Bluecoat Solera (Preferred) RSA SA, RSA Archer, HP ArcSight, Splunk, IBM Qradar.
- Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all configurations/settings/policies on chosen technologies;
- Experience of multi-vendor, managed outsourcing environments;
- Experience working with operational environments following ITIL frameworks;
- Good general knowledge and expertise of networking (TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, LAN, …);
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical);
- Ability to review processes and procedures – and improve them;
- Experience participating in network & system security projects to provide:
- Production of detailed infrastructure designs including physical and virtual aspects of security components.
- Migration of complex legacy infrastructures to new managed security services platforms;
- ITIL v3;
- Project Management Professional (PMP);
- CISSP or equivalent;
Vendor specific engineering certifications (e.g. Palo Alto CNSE, Cisco CCNA Security).
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6724635-senior-security-consultant
• Post ID: 39674998 boston